Graduate Operations Executive
About HIVED 📦
The world needs logistics solutions that are better for people and the environment. That’s where HIVED comes in. We are a London-based climate and logistics start-up building the first-ever sustainable parcel delivery network at scale, now shipping for over 100 brands including ASOS, Minor Figures, Allpress, Pip & Nut and more. A tech company at heart, we have built a modern tech stack and intelligent routing, and are massively innovative in a traditional industry.
All of this means businesses can get emission-free deliveries with better service at more affordable prices. It’s parcel delivery reimagined; better all around for everyone, from start to end, warehouse to doorstep.
Our tight-knit team is made up of ex-Revolut, Bain, GoPuff, ASOS, Apple, Amazon and Hello Fresh employees, and we are backed by some of Europe's leading investors and VCs in climate-tech, logistics and mobility including Maersk Growth, Pale Blue Dot VC, Eka Ventures, the British government and more.
Role Overview 📝
We are looking for exceptionally ambitious and talented recent graduates who are looking to kick start their career in the London startup and operations world. As a Graduate Operations Executive, you will play a critical role in working across all daily operations at HIVED and ensuring the success of our deliveries at scale. You’ll have the opportunity to see firsthand how we are operationally building one of the fastest growing startups in Europe and contribute to the overall success of the company.
This is a 12 month rotational programme at HIVED across dispatch, customer service, and depot operations with the possibility of moving into a new role at the end of the year across operations engineering, capacity planning, and more. The ideal candidate is someone who thrives when given autonomy and responsibility, works best in a fast-paced environment, and is keen to take on any kind of challenge. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about learning and growing and wants to progress within the company for the long-term.
You’ll get to work alongside an extremely talented team who have scaled companies such as Revolut, HelloFresh, Gousto, Google, Amazon, and more to get an unfiltered view of what it takes to build the next mass-market parcel delivery network.
- Ensure daily operations run smoothly, with regular communications with recipients, drivers, and retailers
- Analyse data to improve and streamline our delivery processes
- Coordinate with delivery and sortation teams to ensure the whole delivery cycle is resourced in the most efficient way possible
- Regularly report on delivery performance using our software tools
- Implement scalable structures and processes for mass-market operations
- Stay up to date and learn how to use all of the latest technology platforms and tools
- Proactive in resolving issues and suggesting improvements for future developments
- Diligent, trustworthy, and very level headed under pressure
- Ability to work with urgency to resolve issues in a short time frame
- Outstanding analytical skills and a data-driven mindset
- Comfortable using and adapting to software systems
- Excellent organisational skills
- Passionate about the HIVED mission and sustainability more generally
- Full-time salaried position with pay from £28,000-£32,000 depending on experience of the applicant
- Dynamic working environment with a diverse and driven team
- Huge opportunity for learning in a high growth environment, with progression opportunities based on success in the role
- 25 days of holiday allowance plus public holidays
- Wellbeing initiatives, including three wellbeing days in addition to holiday allowance
- Weekly team lunch and regular company socials
- Brand new MacBook Air or Windows Laptop (depending on your preference)
- Hybrid working set-up with in-person time expected at both our Shoreditch office and North Woolwich based depot
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption policy