Senior Backend Engineer (PHP)
Monta is a new layer of technology that brings together installers, operators, service providers, EV drivers, and businesses with charge points.
At our core, we make EV charging simple, accessible, and reliable. Our software enables a consistent charging experience across all charge point brands and we empower charge point owners with a full-fledged solution to attract users and seamlessly manage usage, pricing, availability, and transactions.
By empowering Charge Point Operators and offering consistent charging experiences for Electrical Vehicle owners, Monta is laying the ground for a scalable and sustainable EV infrastructure.
We're currently in the process of migrating our monolith PHP application into smaller services. Additionally, we are maintaining our web portal using Laravel Blade. Our midterm plan is to migrate most of our PHP services into Kotlin.
• You will need to be able to scope out requirements and plan out the required features for turning a given domain into a successful microservice
• Work with several teams (can be other backend teams or product teams) to ensure a smooth transition into the microservice
• Perform validation and verification testing
• We aim for fairly high code coverage for all of our services
• Postman for API documentation
• Document development phases and monitor system
• For internal documentation we use Notion
• Our stack includes Grafana/Loki for monitoring so while it's not important that you know how to use it, be prepared to learn how!
• Once the migration is completed (we expect this to last 1 year+), you have the choice of joining the Backend or Platform team and learn Kotlin / Micronaut. Of course we will support you in this!
• We expect you to be a fairly independent developer being able to take an idea and turn that into working code, but of course also being able to work in a team is crucial
• We appreciate someone who has the ideal solution in mind but also knows when to take the pragmatic approach
• We are looking for someone who is experienced with PHP & Laravel. Being able to do small frontend tasks is a nice to have as well
• If you already have experience with Kotlin and/or Micronaut or Java, this would be a huge plus
• Comfortable with learning new technologies and topics, we're working on tackling new problems throughout the industry and using scalable solutions to do that!
Our Tech Stack
To keep it short sweet and simple you'll work with:
• PHP 8.x
• Kotlin with Micronaut
• AWS Cloud
• MySQL/Redis (Database)
• Prometheus (monitoring system)
• Grafana (Dashboard/Metrics)
• Loki (Logging)
…The list goes on!
While we don't expect you to know everything about this stack, you should be comfortable learning new tech.
- Shared company electric cars and bikes in Copenhagen
- Free gym membership
- Free snacks & beverages
- Vegan lunch catering
- Company and team events, including Friday bars, parties and gaming nights
- Learning & development opportunities
- Education budget + 3 days of annual leave to partake in educational courses
- Pension scheme
- Warrants in Monta
- Innovation Fridays (Fridays after lunch you are free to work on innovative things). Could be something like:
- Working on new things and technologies
- Try out something new you usually don’t have time for
- Explore a new design framework
- Improve a current project
- Work on Open Source
- Writing blog posts or whitepapers
Monthly salary range: 45.000-55.000 DKK depending on your qualifications.