Monta is a platform dedicated to EV Infrastructure. One of our many goals is simplifying how users interact with home chargers and public chargers, but our ambitions go above and beyond that. This is where you potentially come into the picture. To realize these ambitions we are looking for awesome and motivated people to join our team and help shaping the future of EV infrastructure.
About the team
The team you would be joining is called Charge Point Infrastructure but we like to call it CPI. Now what exactly does that mean? The CPI team is responsible for communicating all things infrastructure - that means communicating with charge points, the grid, solar panels, and batteries. In some cases, that means building the system responsible for direct communication with charge points or building API integrations into other party’s systems. It’s definitely an interesting place to be as the challenges evolve on a daily basis, so if you like learning new technologies and even more important new topics (How the grid works, Electronics, Telemetric Technologies) then this is the place for you.
About the role
We’re looking for someone to help us continue and improve shipping quality software. We’re currently building the next generation of charge point infrastructure and we need someone to help us execute those goals. The position would largely focus on two key aspects of our charge point infrastructure; one being our Charges infrastructure and another being our OCPP infrastructure (if you don’t know what that is don’t worry, but just know it’s how we talk to charge points, but bonus points if you do know!) We think it’s an exciting opportunity and you’ll be working with some exceptional engineers and a great company to boot! The two key takeaways here are:
- You’ll work closely with the CPI Director of Engineering for improving and locating pain points in the developer’s day to day operations (think DevEx)
- You’ll also work closely with the CPI Product Manager on creating a vision and direction and later be responsible for the execution of that plan.
- You have proven experience as an Engineering Manager or similar role
- You should have a strong passion for seeing people grow and shipping quality software at the same time.
- Communicate effectively with other departments and stakeholders to align goals and expectations. Translate complex technical ideas and strategies to non-technical stakeholders within the company.
- Love planning and optimisation of teams and processes to maximise their efficiency. You are comfortable to step into technical discussion or take important stakeholder meetings with a goal to remove roadblocks allowing the team to move forward.
- Able to foster an environment of continuous innovation to keep the company at or near the latest and greatest while maintaining responsible software development practices
- You should be a strong communicator, with both technical and commercial stakeholders.
Our Tech Stack
To keep it short, sweet and simple, you'll work with a fairly modern stack. Some of the things that we're working with are:
- Kotlin (Java 17 and following the update schedule as closely as possible)
- Micronaut, Ktor
- MySQL/Redis (Database)
- Prometheus (monitoring system)
- Grafana (Dashboard/Metrics)
- Loki (Logging)
- ... The list goes on!
While we don't expect you to know everything about this stack you should be comfortable learning new tech.
- A yearly education budget, and a few extra days off to make use of it! For example: our Backend team went to the WeAreDevelopers World Congress in Berlin together.
- Our engineering team has a monthly meetup where they discuss their practices and get to learn a lot from each other.
- We're quite a social bunch so you can look forward to a good atmosphere at Monta with things such as: Friday bars, pub crawls, ping pong, and much more.
- Flexible working hours. We truly mean this so as long as you're at the important meetings and getting your work done that's all that matters.
- An attractive warrant package.
- Shared electric car at our Copenhagen office.
- You can choose your preferred operating system, we have Microsoft, Linux and MacOS available.
- And all sorts of surprises!
The salary range for this role is between 50-55k DKK and is a hybrid role located in Denmark, Copenhagen.