Senior Backend Engineer, Financial Services (Copenhagen)
Monta is a new layer of technology that brings together installers, operators, service providers, EV drivers, and businesses with charge points.
At our core, we make EV charging simple, accessible, and reliable. Our software enables a consistent charging experience across all charge point brands and we empower charge point owners with a full-fledged solution to attract users and seamlessly manage usage, pricing, availability, and transactions.
By empowering Charge Point Operators and offering consistent charging experiences for Electrical Vehicle owners, Monta is laying the ground for a scalable and sustainable EV infrastructure.
Here’s some of our partners that trust our product: Copenhagen Airport, Vestas etc.
Our tech stack
To keep it short, sweet and simple, you'll work with a fairly modern stack. Some of the things that we're working with are:
- Kotlin (Java 17 and following the update schedule as closely as possible)
- Micronaut (micro service framework)
- AWS Cloud
- MySQL/Redis (Database)
- Prometheus (monitoring system)
- Grafana (Dashboard/Metrics)
- Loki (Logging)
- ... The list goes on!
While we don't expect you to know everything about this stack you should be comfortable learning new tech.
We’re a new team at Monta responsible for developing Monta’s financial infrastructure. As an EV charging company, we have an opportunity to change the way people think about mobility. Our team is responsible for the most important part of the stack – how money will flow through the system.
- You will need to be able to scope out requirements and plan out the required features for turning a given domain into a successful microservice
- Work with several teams (can be other backend teams or product teams) to ensure a smooth transition into the microservice
- Perform validation and verification testing
- We aim for fairly high code coverage for all of our services and JUnit5 is our tool of preference however you accomplish that is up to you!
- Postman for API documentation
- Document development phases and monitor system
- For internal documentation we use Notion
- Our stack includes Grafana/Loki for monitoring so while it's not important that you know how to use it be prepared to learn how!
- The important thing here is that you will become a master of your given domain and you will have a lot of room to experiment on how to get there.
- We expect you to be a fairly independent developer being able to take an idea and turn that into working code, but of course also being able to work in a team is crucial 🔑
- We appreciate someone who has the ideal solution in mind but also knows when to take the pragmatic approach
- Comfortable with learning new technologies and topics, we're working on tackling new problems throughout the industry and using scalable solutions to do that!
What we can offer you
- Shared company electric cars and bikes in Copenhagen
- Free gym membership
- Free snacks & beverages
- Vegan lunch catering
- Company and team events, including Friday bars, parties and gaming nights
- Learning & development opportunities
- Education budget + 3 days of annual leave to partake in educational courses
- Pension scheme
- Warrants in Monta
- Innovation Fridays (Fridays after lunch you are free to work on innovative things). Could be something like:
Monthly salary range: 45.000-55.000 DKK depending on your qualifications.
- Working on new things and technologies
- Try out something new you usually don’t have time for
- Explore a new design framework
- Improve a current project
- Work on Open Source
- Writing blog posts or white papers