Market Development Representative - (San Francisco)
Sales & Business Development
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, September 22, 2022
Patch is the infrastructure powering the carbon market of the future. Patch software brings together corporate buyers, project developers, financiers, and policymakers to increase transparency and modernize climate action. We provide companies like Credit Suisse, Aviva, and Route access to the broadest network of vetted carbon credits available through direct purchases, multi-year offtake agreements, or in any digital transaction via APIs. We also provide software that enables carbon removal project developers and financiers like Carbon Streaming, Anew, Eion, and Brilliant Planet to manage their operations and grow their sales, so they can scale their climate impact.
We're looking for a market development representative to generate new business opportunities for Patch. Sitting on the GTM team, you will be the first point of contact between Patch and our customers, helping them kick start their journey into the carbon markets. Please note this role is on the sales team and also has been referred to as "Business Development Representative".
What You’ll Do:
- Help generate new business opportunities at Patch to help our customers achieve their sustainability goals
- Work closely with the Sales Leads and Account Executives to identify relevant prospects to target and outreach
- Build a prospecting strategy to drive new leads and pipeline for our Account Executives (i.e. campaign content, follow-up sequence, objection handling).
- Conduct market research to uncover needs within each industry vertical or business segment.
- Be the first point of contact for Patch customers, representing customers' needs to the greater Patch GTM (Go-to- Market) team.
- Launch high-impact campaigns to entice prospective clients to learn more about Patch
- Qualify inbound and outbound leads to uncover business objectives and needs.
- Help support our event and conference
- Facilitate a positive, customer-obsessed experience throughout all team and customer collaborations.
Who You Are:
- Have previous inbound or outbound experience ideally within a start-up, scale-up, or consulting environment
- Be a strong writer and excellent communicator
- Passionate about the carbon markets and eager to contribute to Patch’s carbon removal mission
- Have knowledge or interest in learning about how sustainability leaders execute their climate commitments
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and under pressure while juggling multiple projects and priorities
- Currently located and able to work out of San Francisco.
- Work with the most talented team in climate tech
- Competitive compensation and meaningful equity
- Monthly wellness stipend for mental and physical health
- Time-off as-needed vacation policy
- Generous parental leave policy
- The base salary for this role if filled within the United States the on target earnings that includes base salary and commission is $75,000- $80,000 USD. Full-time employees will also be eligible for equity and insurance. Actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to demonstrated skill set, years and depth of relevant experience, location and some role-dependent factors.
If you are extended an offer, that offer may be contingent upon your successful completion of a background check, which will be conducted in accordance with applicable laws. We may obtain one or more background screening reports about you, solely for employment purposes.
Commitment to Diversity:
Patch is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant, candidate, or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.