CONTRACT - Design Engineer (United States or Canada)
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 17, 2023
Patch is the platform scaling unified climate action, empowering companies of any size to help rebalance the planet while advancing their business initiatives. We provide pathways to do so through the purchase of vetted carbon credits, via one-time direct purchases, recurring multi-year offtake agreements, or an API that can connect any product experience to climate action.
Only Patch democratizes access to the broadest selection of carbon credits across a wide range of technology types, methodologies, and price points. By combining enterprise-grade technology with impartial project scrutiny and transparency across each stage of the credit purchase, brands as wide-ranging as Bain & Company, Route, and Afterpay trust Patch to help them take meaningful climate action while engaging their customers. In turn, project developers driving positive climate action are able to rapidly scale their solutions at the critical pace the planet requires.
We're an experienced team of successful startup veterans building a category-defining business working on one of the most important missions the world needs. We're backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Coatue, Energize, and more. We are founded by the same team who helped take hospitality tech company, Sonder, from 0 to $2 billion.
We’re looking for an experienced Design System expert to come and up-level our design system.
You’ll collaborate with our design and engineering teams, with the overall goal of accelerating our product teams by letting them focus on more domain-specific work.
Your work will be used by Carbon Removal businesses around the world who rely on our CarbonOS to run their businesses.
What You’ll Do:
- Establish the structure and strategy towards a robust component and interactions library that solves the needs of design and engineering stakeholders.
- Understand the UI, UX, and code problems designers and engineers face
- Curate, improve and reinvent (when needed) the components used across our products
- Work with the design team to define them and spec them.
- Work with the engineering team to define the deliverable form of each component.
- Help ensure we hit accessibility standards
- Identify the highest leverage components and interactions, design and build them in Figma and Storybook, and deliver code artifacts that can be easily used by the engineering team
- Write detailed documentation with code examples for our design system
- Participate in design reviews to give and receive feedback
- Show deep care for visual quality and consistency
- You will work on a contract assignment for Patch
Who You Are:
- You have 5+ years of experience in product design, with a proven track record of design system excellence
- Experience with Figma and Storybook
- Experience with accessibility standards
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Are proficient in coding with HTML, CSS, TypeScript, and styled-components
- Work with the most talented team in climate tech
- Time-off as-needed vacation policy
- If you are extended an offer, that offer may be contingent upon your successful completion of a background check, which will be conducted in accordance with applicable laws. We may obtain one or more background screening reports about you, solely for employment purposes.
Commitment to Diversity:
Patch is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant, candidate, or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.